Is your high schooler interested in exploring a career in the medical field? The more exposure that students have to medical terminology, medical professionals, and hands-on experience, the more comfort and confidence they will have in their college courses.
The Healthcare Explorer Academy is an excellent way to experience various opportunities in the field and help students grasp what it really means to be a healthcare professional.
Healthcare explorers will participate in the following:
- Working with medical tools such as stethoscope, otoscope, and sphygmomanometer to listen to heart and lung sounds and take blood pressure
- Pet CPR and veterinary science
- Simulated blood and blood typing
- Dissection with medical tools
- Evaluating health conditions, first aid, and making decisions in a triage simulation
- Using medical terminology and exploring drug development
- Pin ceremony
- Researching the chain of infection and honing in on their presentation skills with an end-of-week presentation
Healthcare Explorers-Ages 14-15 will be July 18-22, 2022