Does your high schooler have an interest in exploring a career in the medical field? The CCEDC offers a unique opportunity where students can visit various medical facilities and get involved in a number of healthcare areas. They will gain practical learning experience in surgery, cardiology, laboratory science, geriatrics, and more! The focus of this program is to provide students with a deeper understanding of the process, administration, and practices of hospitals.
These future medical professionals will experience the following:
- If COVID-19 restrictions are not in place, boarding a bus and visiting various healthcare facilities for onsite learning opportunities
- Veterinary science and first aid
- Dissection and suturing
- Medical escape room
- Visit from a medical professional
- Assessing patients and their medical needs in a medical triage
- Research and end-of-week presentation
- …and more!
Medical Excursion Two Week Program-Ages 15-16 will be July 18 – 22 and July 25 – 29, 2022 from 9am-3pm